Palliative Care at Home is the Kindest Way to CareMaintaining a loved one’s peace and dignity is possible when you opt for palliative care at home. At Kinder Caring we have an experienced and caring staff that can gently guide you and your family through each step of the process. Learn more about us here.
Tips for Getting More Value Out of Palliative Care at HomeThere’s a lot to consider when researching the best end of life care plan for a loved one. Read on for a few tips on how to make the most of your research.
- Free Initial Consultation: Meet with one of our R.N.s to discuss the client’s needs, and she will come with an appropriate care plan to outline which services are appropriate for the client. With a care plan, you will know exactly what is available and what is the best fit.
- Case Managers: Our case managers are your single point of contact for making sure our clients have every service they need to ensure the best possible outcomes. They also make sure that a client isn’t paying for a service that they do not need.
- Comfort of Home: The greatest value we offer is the peace and comfort that comes with caring for a client in the comfort of their own home. We ensure their safety while also keeping them surrounded by their pets, possessions and treasured memories.
Tips Regarding End of Life Care at HomeWhen it comes to nursing a loved one through to the end; it’s easy to become overwhelmed and wonder if what is happening is normal. A few tips can put your mind at ease.
- Take A Break: It’s not easy to say goodbye. Sometimes it can be hard to step away to take care of yourself when you know that time is fleeting. We offer the assurance that your loved one will be in good hands while you take a break to attend to self-care, to catch up on work or to take a moment to live your life for a little while.
- Look to a Professional: Most likely, this is new territory for you. It’s hard to know what to expect during the last months, weeks and days. As professionals in palliative care, we have particular expertise in what end of life care at home looks like and can educate you on what to expect during that time.
- Rest Assured: Keeping your loved one at home is the caring thing to do. You have given them the maximum amount of peace and dignity there is to offer. Take heart in knowing that you have honoured them every step of the way.